Yeah! We know you are a computer geek and you would know most of the computer tricks & shortcuts but hold on. You might want to check these too!
- 1 10 computer tricks that you definitely are going to share!
- 1.1 1. Don’t use Ctrl Alt Del!
- 1.2 2. Tired of that boring GIF?
- 1.3 3. A site that has right-click disabled? and you can’t steal stuff?
- 1.4 4. A simple way to clear your cache?
- 1.5 5. How to access Paywall sites?
- 1.6 6. How to find the website that is dead now?
- 1.7 7. Reverse Image search?
- 1.8 8. Open a Browser Notepad!
- 1.9 9. Disable Facebook’s Autoplay Video option!
- 1.10 10. Learn Some Useful New Keyboard Shortcuts
1. Don’t use Ctrl Alt Del!
Use control shift escape instead! It goes directly to the task manager!
2. Tired of that boring GIF?
Are you feeling really sick of watching that boring GIF go again and again? Worry not! Press Escape to halt animated GIFs that are distracting. Yeah, Graphic designers hate me!
3. A site that has right-click disabled? and you can’t steal stuff?
You have a major project to submit tomorrow and you finally found the site you dreamed of! But It has it’s right-click disabled and you can’t copy stuff from there? Don’t you worry child!
Putting the following into a favorite/shortcut on the toolbar re-enables browser right click.
4. A simple way to clear your cache?
CTRL SHIFT R = Clear cache and refresh the page. Child’s play! Isn’t it?
5. How to access Paywall sites?
Some websites likeallow you a certain number of free stories per month before you hit a paywall. to continue taking the benefits, just delete the cookies from the site and it will reset your count. Alternatively, you can browse it in incognito mode (Yes, It’s not only for porn!)
6. How to find the website that is dead now?
Many a times, We find a website that is offline and you cannot seem to access it. Copy the URL to… they often have a preserved copy.
7. Reverse Image search?
Hold S and right click an image to do reverse image search in Chrome.
8. Open a Browser Notepad!
Need a notepad in Chrome or Firefox?
data:text/HTML, <html contenteditable>
Copy and paste this into the address bar. You’ll open a new tab that you can write in. You can even save it.
9. Disable Facebook’s Autoplay Video option!
We all know the struggles you face every time a video pops up on Facebook and it won’t stop without playing it fully!
Here’s the fix: navigate to facebook.com/settings. On the left side you’ll see ‘video’ – click on it and you’ll be presented with an option to turn off auto–play.
10. Learn Some Useful New Keyboard Shortcuts
The only thing better than keyboard shortcuts is more keyboard shortcuts. Windows10 comes with a ton of new features, so naturally there are also a bunch of new shortcuts to go with them. Most of the classics still work, but here are some of the new ones:
- Win Tab:View all virtual desktops at a glance.
- Win Q or Win S: Open Cortana.
- Win I: Open Windows 10 Settings.
- Win A: Open the notification center.
- Win Ctrl D: Create a new virtual desktop.
- Win Ctrl F4: Close the current virtual desktop.
- Win Ctrl [Left/Right]: Switch between virtual desktops.
- Win G: Open the Game Bar, for taking screenshots/recording video game play.
These are some of the most useful. If you’ve found a new feature of Windows 10 that you really like using, chances are there’s a keyboard shortcut for it somewhere, so take a look.
You are welcome!