Samsung is soon going to launch their new flagship Galaxy Note 8 in New York City on coming August 23.
On the basis of leaks, Galaxy Note 8 looks like a power-house and different from the Galaxy S8 Plus. In terms of design and size, there is slightly change wherever in terms of camera, Galaxy note 8 is going to win over Galaxy S8 Plus.
So, Before we discuss more about this Galaxy Note 8, have a quick look at its specifications.
- Processor: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or Exynos 8895 64 bit (10nm-based) processor. Same which you have seen on Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8+. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 835-based Galaxy Note 8 will be sold in the US. It is expected that Exynos 8895-based Galaxy Note 8 would be coming to India.
- RAM: The Galaxy Note 8 is said to come with 6 gigs of RAM.
- Internal storage: It is said to come with at least 64GB of internal storage which will be expandable via a micro-SD card.
- Screen: Galaxy Note 8 will also come with Samsung’s proprietary Infinity display as like Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. It will come up with an edge-to-edge screen and an unusual 18.5:9 aspect ratio instead of a regular 16:9. The Galaxy Note 8 will be even marginally bigger than the Galaxy S8+. As per this we can assume that the Galaxy S8+ is a 6.2-inch phone, while the Galaxy Note 8 may come with a 6.3-inch screen. The 6.3-inch screen will further have a 2960×1440 pixel (WQHD+) resolution with a Super AMOLED panel. The phone will also have an always-on display like the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+.
- Rear camera: The Galaxy Note 8 will come with a dual camera system on the rear consisting of two 12-megapixel cameras. This makes it the first Samsung phone to come with the dual-camera feature, similar to Apple’s iPhone 7 Plus. One of the 12-megapixel (Dual Pixel) camera will be with f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle and with optical image stabilisation.
While the second 12-megapixel camera with f/2.4 aperture and optical image stabilisation will be telephoto for 2X optical zoom.
ALSO READ- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A coming next month
- Front camera: Just like the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+, the Galaxy Note 8 will sport an 8-megapixel camera with autofocus and f/1.7 aperture
- Software: It will run Android Nougat (preferably Android 7.1.1) based Samsung Experience UI.
- Battery: The Galaxy Note 8 will be backed by a 3,300mAh battery. Which is bigger than the 3,000mAh battery inside the Galaxy S8. but still smaller than the 3,500mAh battery inside the Galaxy S8+. Just like the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+, the Galaxy Note 8 will support fast and wireless charging.
— The dual-camera feature seems to be the big Note 8 feature. This is the first time we are going to see a dual-camera setup in the Samsung phone, and that too in a flagship phone. This is one area where Apple, with its iPhone 7 Plus, was winning brownie points. But with the Note 8, Samsung can at least match the iPhone 7 Plus specs by specs. The dual camera set-up in the Note 8 will also come with the similar 2X zoom feature that the iPhone 7 Plus has.
— It will have a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner right adjacent to the dual camera module. Features like iris scanner and facial recognition for added security are also expected. Samsung Knox and Samsung Pay will be also built-in.
Price and availability:
The Galaxy Note 8 will be available starting from September in as many as four colours: Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Deep Sea Blue, Coral Blue and Maple Gold. In Europe, it will cost 1,000 euros which roughly translates to Rs 75,408. Considering this, the Note 8 may touch the price point of Rs 70,000.