Xiaomi has launched another laptop finally. Xiaomi has unveiled the Mi Notebook Pro, a laptop that succeeds the company’s first Mi Notebook which was launched last year. For now the Mi Notebook Pro is specific to China, But there is a possibility that Xiaomi may bring it to other markets as well, including India.
The Mi Notebook Pro comes packed with state-of-the-art technology and has a slick design that should help it compete with other Windows laptops as well the Apple MacBook Pro.
- Bigger 15.6-inch screen having Gorilla Glass on top of the screen.
- 8th-generation Intel Core i7 processor – The Mi Notebook Pro is one of the first laptops to come with this processor.
- Turbo speed of up to 4GHz.
- Two Fans for cooling – Xiaomi says that the new cooling system moves around 40 per cent more air in the Mi Notebook Pro. Let’s hope it doesn’t make much noise.
- 72 % of NTSC colour space- nice colours.
- Uses TN panel, which is common in laptops but not as good as IPS displays now found in high-end laptops like MacBook Pro.
- all-metal chassis
- large touchpad
- full-size keyboard
- weighs 1.9kg
- fingerprint sensor embedded in the touchpad
- supports Dolby sound
- fast charging and a battery rated for 60WH
- 2-antenna AC Wi-Fi
- includes 3-in-1 card reader, full-sized HDMI and USB 3.0 ports
- Powered by Windows 10
- Nvidia GeForce MX150 graphics card
Available in three variants: Core i7 and 16GB RAM. Core i7 and 8GB RAM and Core i5 with 8GB RAM. All three supposedly have 256GB SSD as internal storage.
In China the device is going to be available with three prices. The Core i7 with 16GB RAM will cost RMB 6999 (around Rs 68,000), the Core i7 with 8GB RAM has a price of RMB 6399 (around Rs 63,000) and the Core i5 with 8GB RAM has a price of RMB 5,599 (around Rs 54,000) that will put the laptop in direct comparison with Apple MacBook Air in India.